Thursday, December 15, 2011

Finished for Friday: A Million Cookies


OK, maybe not a million, but it feels like it.  Saturday is my annual cookie party so I've been prepping with lots of extra batches for the exchange.  Have you ever made these peppermint candy canes?  They're delicious but a bit labor intensive.  Usually Wasabi Girl helps me roll them out but she's been sick for a few days.


The peanut butter kisses cookies - I have to stand guard over these so the family doesn't eat them all before guests arrive.


Benne wafers.  These are tasty - full of sesame seeds and brown sugar for the most part.  Rather delicate and they cooked unevenly.  My oven apparently doesn't heat evenly ever since the door was blown off.

What I don't have available for pictures are the hundreds of gingerbread cookies I'm about to roll out.  I wanted to get this post up so you could join in.  Just picture lots and lots of cookies made from these:


Still lots of Christmas projects left to finish - how about you?  Link up and show us what you've been up to.


2 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Elizabeth said...

Wow! Gingerbread is my favorite! I know how much work you've put into it. One year I decided that everyone I know needed sugar cookies. And not just one cookie per person in the family. I'm thinking I did at least two cookies per person. I'm thinking I made something like 42 DOZEN sugar cookies, complete with frosting and sprinkles. I haven't made a sugar cookie since. But I'm kind of getting a hankering . . .

Homemade cookies are the best. Great finish!

xo -E

Heather said...

I decided that today would be my baking day and then for more fun, I turned it into an online party. Great way to share the activity and I do think that it helped and made it a lighter task.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs