Monday, January 9, 2012

MP3 Monday

Welcome to the new year.  I've had quite a vacation.  Now I have a lot of blogs to catch up on and it's time to get back to my own.  I've still got luggage to unpack and laundry to do.  Lots of pictures to upload.

While I'm doing all of that though, I've also been feeding my ipod a few fun bargains I've found.  I thought I'd let you in on them too.

Today only Amazon is featuring the new album by Ladysmith Black Mambazo for $3.99.  This is a double album of 30 tracks featuring a range of collaborators. I was listening to it today while doing housework and the track with Phoebe Snow just stopped me in my tracks.  Where has she been?  What a voice.  Very upbeat, interesting music.  A few of these are going in my favorite playlists.

If you want to go classy for less than a buck, download "250 Minutes of Bach" for 69 cents.  Heck, at this price, you should download it even if you think you hate classical music!  This is great music to play in the background while you read or take a bubble bath.  Even a 4 hour bubble bath.

In keeping with the "bang for your buck" theme, my final suggestion is this collection of 66 Spanish Guitar Masterpieces.  At $2.99 right now, this is a steal.  Get it for the iconic "Concierto de Aranjuez" then close your eyes and listen to that second movement.  Aaaaah.  There is quite a variety of styles of music including a few tangos, if you feel inclined to put a rose between your teeth and dance.  And who doesn't feel like that sometimes? 

Always check the current price before hitting that "buy" button.  Some deals don't last long.  Amazon music can be uploaded to the Amazon cloud, and/or you can load it into iTunes.  There is a simple little uploader utility to install on your computer.

Let me know if any of these work out for you and Happy New Year!

2 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Cheryl Lage said...

How lame am I to have not jumped aboard the MP3 boat? When I do acquire one, and it will be soon, I will absolutely look into the Ladysmith Black Mambazo for SURE!

Do you have any reco's for a young happy ballet student who wants to dance about the house? ;)

Melissa said...

Welcome back!! We are still old school like Cheryl!!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs