Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Shop Hop

This past weekend Wasabi Girl and I went on a shop hop to 13 local quilt shops.  I'm using the term "local" rather loosely because the entire trip was hundreds of miles.

Each shop gave us charm squares of batik fabrics and a set of patterns to use with them.  Of course, I took a million pictures of the sample quilts and still couldn't make up my mind so I made hexies out of mine instead.  This was a fun little project and will make a nice memento of the trip.

We saw a lot of fabric and patterns to love.  Wasabi Girl was wearing a "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" shirt and several different people we met talked about how much they love the show.

One girl in a shop ran to a back room and got a special bolt of fabric she'd been hoarding for Buffy fans.  It's the famous fabric from this scene.  If you're not familiar with Buffy, this 22 second clip sort of sums up the whole show:


So Wasabi Girl will be making some yummy sushi pajamas this week - which is sort of fitting when I think about the screen name I've assigned her!

0 people stopped folding laundry to write:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs