Monday, March 23, 2009

The End of an Era or Two

Tomorrow I start walking without my crutches. It's a big day for me, and I'm happy to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I've lived with pain for 20 years at least, sometimes intense, and it's always been part of who I am. Now there is just a tiny bit left, and I'll be walking with my new and improved skeleton. It's exciting.

So goodbye pain and limp, I learned to live with you, but I never liked you.

*******************

In other news, the twins turned 11 this weekend. It feels very much like an era of their lives is finished. They are such different people now. Rebellious, sassy, developing their own tastes and ideals. They still see the world together but they are more likely now to draw different conclusions from it.

It was a challenge coordinating a birthday from the bed. Thank heavens for Amazon.com and their speedy delivery. Of course, one gift didn't arrive until late on the actual day of their birthday, so that was a bit of a nail-biter. But despite all, Jungle Boy said the phrase I never get tired of hearing; "This was the best birthday ever." He says it every year, and I consider it one of my mommy report cards.

I do apologize for everyone for being so behind in reading blogs. Hopefully I'll get back in the swing of things and be able to spend time at the computer now.

8 people stopped folding laundry to write:

Cheryl Lage said...

So glad you are healing and getting back in the swing! Know you will want to be jumping right in with everything, but PLEASE take it easy...can't do without you around twice in a row!

What a good boy Jungle Boy is....such a sweet thing to say.

Happy Belated Twins' 11th...to you too!

DebD said...

how exciting to be pain free (or mostly pain free) and without a limp.

Happy birthday to your twins.

Eileen said...

This is such wonderful news.. it's like a new life. :-)

Liz Jimenez said...

Wow, good luck off the crutches! I hope the reduction in pain is absolutely liberating.

And happy birthday to the kiddos! Wow... eleven! I know it'll sneak up on me faster than I can imagine.

HeatherV said...

Sending you pain free vibes. Also a big happy birthday to your twins!

I can't imagine Ben at age 11, but then I never saw him at age 3 either! Oh to wish time to a stand still!

Tonya Staab said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO THE TWINS.

Good luck tomorrow. Hope you do well without the crutches.

Don't ever apologize for not visiting blogs, I'm a terrible offender at that, but you can only do so much.

Cathi said...

Good luck -- but I'm sure you'll do fine. Just being without pain, or as much pain, has to be such an uplifting feeling that you'll just float along!

Nancy said...

YEAH!! Let us know how the day goes sans crutches. But definitely take it easy so you don't land back on 'em :)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs